Aunt Dianna's Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
4 lbsweet potatoes
1/2 cbutter, softened
1/3 corange juice, fresh
1/4 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 tspapple pie spice (cinnamon, allspice, etc)
1/3 cpecans, halved
How to Make Aunt Dianna's Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- Scrub potatoes. Cook, covered, in boiling salted water to cover in a large pan, about 35 minutes, or until just tender to fork prick.
- Drain; cool slightly, peel.
- Place peeled potatoes in a large bowl and mash.
- Add the butter, bourbon, orange juice, brown sugar, salt, and apple pie spice. Beat until smooth with a potato masher.
- Spoon into a buttered 6-cup baking dish. Sprinkle pecans around edge and top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.