- 1 pkg
- orida waffel fries or sliced potatoes if you can find them
- 2 pkg
- store brand shreaded mild chedar cheese
- 1 pt
- sour cream
- 1 c
- milk, 2%
- salt and pepper to tase (i go very lite on salt but this is your choice)
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
How to Make Augratin Potatoes
- 1Layer potatoes in a 9x13" (use a cooking spray to coat dish) baking dish. Top the potatoes with cheese, top that with sour cream, salt and pepper.
- 2Repeat step 1 until your dish is full or you run out of potatoes and cheese. Making sure your final layer is Potatoes, SOUR CREAM. last layer CHEESE. If you run out of sour cream before the last layer that is ok, no poblem.
- 3Pepper the top layer of cheese. Pour milk over the top of everything. Dot with butter/margarine.
- 4Bake in a 350 pre heated oven for 30 to 60 min checking on it at 30 min.
I go by smell, when I can smell it in the other room I know it is getting close to done and I start checking on it... I know, my bad. I honestly don't have a specific cook time. This was a experiment I tried because I couldn't find a Augratin potato recipie so I threw in what I thought went in them and I wanted it quick and easy so I used Orida Potatoes and it turned out great.
You are wanting the cheese to get warm and bubbly throughout the pan and golden brown on the top but not burnt. If after 30 min everything hasn't melted togeather and cooked through, leave it in the oven and check on it every 5 to 10 minutes, it can take up to 60 min.
- 5NOTE: Potatoes can be thawed or frozen either way is fine. Prep time is a little longer if you use frozen.