Amazing Twice Baked Potatoes
Blue Ribbon Recipe
These yummy little potatoes are savory and oh-so creamy... It's no wonder they're always a hit! The Test Kitchen
1/2yellow bell pepper
1/2green bell pepper
1/2red bell pepper
1/2 cbacon, cooked
1/4 cmilk, 1%
5 Tbspolive oil, light
1 lbcheddar cheese, shredded
2 Tbspgarlic pepper
1 1/2 csour cream
How to Make Amazing Twice Baked Potatoes
- pre heat oven to 350 degrees wash potatoes, poke holes with fork, bake for about 2 1/2 hours
- while those are baking dice up the onion, peppers, ham, and bacon
- sautee the onions, and peppers and garlic pepper in the olive oil until tender. remove from heat
- mix the crumbled bacon, and diced ham with the onion mixture, sautee for about 5 minutes.
- drain oil from mixture.
- when potatoes are tender when stabbed with a fork, remove from oven, cut in half, length wise, and allow about 10 minutes to cool
- when potatoes are cooled, scoop out the inside with a spoon being careful not to break the skin. save the shells on a foil lined cook sheet
- put the scooped out potato into a bowl, mash with margarine, milk, sour cream and half the cheddae cheese
- when done mashing to your desired chunkiness, or smoothness, add in the bacon, ham, onion mixture. mix well
- begin scooping mixture back into shells fill them as full as you can they can be over flowing
- cover the potatoes with remaining cheese. bake for about 15 minutes at 350.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before serving..