Amaretto Sweet Potatoes
The flavor of amaretto enhances the dish!
A must for any Thanksgiving gathering!
3 can(s)sweet potatoes or yams (large cans)
1/2 clight brown suger (packed)
1/4 corange juice
1/2 camaretto liqueur
1/2 cmargarine (melted)
2 clarge or miniature marshmallows
How to Make Amaretto Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Drain canned yams or sweet potatoes. Place in large mixing bowl. Add butter. Place in microwave for 1 minute.
- Mash potatoes and butter with potato masher.
- With electric mixer, whip potatoes, butter, sugars, juice and amaretto.
- Pour into greased 2 quart casserole. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and top with marshmallows. Return to over, and bake for 10 - 15 more minutes until marshmallows slightly brown and "puff."