Aloo Tamatar Subzi - Curried Potatoes In Tomato
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4-5 medium
- potatoes, boiled and then smashed a bit to form rough chunks
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- 3 clove
- garlic, finely minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp
- mustard seeds
- dry red chilis
- curry leaves
- 1 Tbsp
- coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp
- kosher salt to taste
- 3 medium
- tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- canola oil
How to Make Aloo Tamatar Subzi - Curried Potatoes In Tomato
- 1Heat oil in a cooking vessel and add the mustard seeds and let them pop. Now add the red chillis and curry leaves and stir fry for a few seconds till the flavors are released in the oil.
- 2Add onions,ginger and garlic and saute` till the onions turn light brown. Add the green chillis and all the powders. Combine well.
- 3Add the tomatoes and stir fry till the oil seperates and it gets mushy.
- 4Add the potatoes and combine and keep covered with a lid on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- 5Remove lid and cook further for another 3-4 minutes stirring once in a while.
- 6Add salt and enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and let it simmer on low heat till you get the desired curry consistency.
- 7Finally add the jaggery/sugar if using and combine. Turn off heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rotis/chapatis/steamed white rice.