Aloo Tamatar Subzi - Curried Potatoes In Tomato
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4-5 mediumpotatoes, boiled and then smashed a bit to form rough chunks
1 mediumonion, finely chopped
3 clovegarlic, finely minced
·1 inch piece ginger, finely minced
1/2 tspmustard seeds
2dry red chilis
1 Tbspcoriander powder
·kosher salt to taste
3 mediumtomatoes, chopped
1 1/2 Tbspcanola oil
How to Make Aloo Tamatar Subzi - Curried Potatoes In Tomato
- Heat oil in a cooking vessel and add the mustard seeds and let them pop. Now add the red chillis and curry leaves and stir fry for a few seconds till the flavors are released in the oil.
- Add onions,ginger and garlic and saute` till the onions turn light brown. Add the green chillis and all the powders. Combine well.
- Add the tomatoes and stir fry till the oil seperates and it gets mushy.
- Add the potatoes and combine and keep covered with a lid on low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove lid and cook further for another 3-4 minutes stirring once in a while.
- Add salt and enough water to cover the potatoes. Bring to a boil and let it simmer on low heat till you get the desired curry consistency.
- Finally add the jaggery/sugar if using and combine. Turn off heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve hot with rotis/chapatis/steamed white rice.