Ajiaco de papas ~ Peruvian Cheesy Potatoes
p.s. Aji paste can be found in Latin American markets.
- 3 lb
- new potatoes
- 3 clove
- garlic ~ finely chopped
- 1 medium
- yellow onion ~ finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- aji paste or 3 medium serrano peppers finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 c
- half & half
- 3/4 lb
- queso fresco or feta cheese cubed
- 3 medium
- hard boiled eggs ~ coarsely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Ajiaco de papas ~ Peruvian Cheesy Potatoes
- 1Peel the potatoes and boil in lightly salted water. When done, drain well and cube.
- 2Saute garlic, onion, and aji paste or chiles in oil until the onion is slightly golden.
- 3To the sautéed onions, add potatoes and milk, and stir carefully so as not to mash the potatoes.
- 4Add the cheese and eggs to the potatoes, and cook just enough to heat through and serve. Garnish with a bit of chopped fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!!