3 Cheese Scallop Potatoes
4 cthinly sliced potatoes with skin on
1onion, small chopped
3 clovefine chopped garlic
1/4 cchives (fresh or dried)
1-1/4 chalf n half
1 tspdried mustard
24 ozshredded cheddar cheese mix
1/2 cparmigiano-reggiano, grated
1 cblue cheese crumbled
1 pkgsmoked gouda cheese (optional)
How to Make 3 Cheese Scallop Potatoes
- In boiling water, add sliced potatoes and parboil about 6-8 minutes ONLY. Drain
- In frying pan, saute butter with onion, chives and garlic for about 3-5 minutes.
- In bowl, add flour, salt, pepper, paprika and mustard and mix.
- Whisk slowly into butter/onion mixture till pasty.
- Whisk in Half N Half on medium low heat, and whisk until it begins to thicken.
- In buttered 9 x 13 baking dish, you will be doing 2 layers of each: potatoes, sauce & cheeses
- First Layer: Potatoes
Second Layer: Sauce
Third Layer: Cheeses (Note: Add all the blue cheese here only)
- Repeat Layers ending with cheeses
- Note: If it looks too dry, add more Half N Half(but not too much to flood it)
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 35-50 minutes or till potatoes are tender and cheeses are melted and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes to set