20-Minute Scalloped Potatoes
There are never any leftovers!
- 5-6 medium
- peeled potatoes
- 3/4 c
- shirley j whisk bliss original (or gluten free)
- 2 c
- 1 1/2 - 2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- 1/2 Tbsp
- chives, dried or snipped
- 1/4 Tbsp
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 c
- thinly sliced and chopped cooked ham
How to Make 20-Minute Scalloped Potatoes
- 1Peel and finely slice potatoes to desired size.
In a large pot add salt and potatoes and bring to a slow boil and cook until potatoes reach preferred level of softness.
- 2While potatoes are cooking, in a small saucepan over medium heat mix Whisk Bliss and water with a whisk until it begins to thicken. Keep on medium-low heat and simmer 4-5 minutes.
Add garlic powder, parsley, chives and oregano and whisk well.
Add cheese about 1/4 cup at a time stirring well and making sure it is melted and incorporated before adding more. Start with about 1 1/2 cups at check taste. We like things cheesy so add a bit more.
- 3Drain potatoes and put them back into the pot on a low heat setting.
Pour the Whisk Bliss and cheese mixture into the pot with the potatoes and carefully stir.
Add the ham and stir gently until well mixed.
- 4At this point it is ready to serve, but if preferred you can take an additional step.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease a deep baking dish.
Pour potato mixture into baking dish and top with cheese. Bake uncovered until cheese is well melted and lightly browned.
Shirley J Whisk Bliss Original as well as the Gluten-Free version can be found at www.shirleyj.com/6558 and at select stores nationwide.