Toasted Israeli Couscous with dried apricots
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon-flavored olive oil, plus more as needed
- 2 c
- israeli couscous
- 1/4 c
- shelled, unsalted, roasted pistachio nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/4 c
- hot water
- kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- dried turkish apricots, chopped
- scallions, sliced
How to Make Toasted Israeli Couscous with dried apricots
- 1Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the couscous and pistachios and cook, stirring until toasted and light golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add the water, season with salt and pepper, to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- 2Remove the lid, stir in the apricots and scallions, taste, and adjust the seasonings. Transfer the couscous to a serving bowl and serve warm with a little more lemon oil drizzled over the top, if desired.