Spaetzle (rustic German Noodles)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 tspsalt (can use a bit less)
How to Make Spaetzle (rustic German Noodles)
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and salt.
- Mix in flour to get a fairly smooth batter.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, over high heat. Using about half the batter at a time, press it through a spaetzle maker (See Note), or the large holes of a metal colander. (the holes should be nearly 1/4 in, diameter).
- Cook in boiling water for one to two minutes, until they float, then remove with a slotted scoop or spoon and place in a bowl.
- Toss with butter, a little pepper and a pinch of nutmeg and serve as a side dish, or leave them plain and add to soups or stews.