How to Make Southern Style Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Cook macaroni in boiling salt water for about 5 minutes(you just want it cooked a little bit because it will continue to cook in oven). Strain macaroni.
- 3. Spray with cooking spray 13x9 glass pan. Add macaroni. Add margarine cut up all over macaroni and than sprinkle cheese all over top as well.
- 4. In mixing bowl mix evaporated milk, eggs, and milk until eggs are beaten in thoroughly. Add to pasta. mix all ingredients together. (Please make sure top of macaroni has liquid covering if not add more milk to cover top).
- 5. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour until topping is lightly browned (i usually take off foil 5 minutes before cook time over so that top can brown) Take out of oven and let set for about 10 minutes and than enjoy!