12 to 16 ozmacaroni, elbow
3 ccheese, shredded (i use a mixture white and yellow cheddar cheeses)
1 tsppowdered mustard
2 tspseasoning salt
1bayleaf (for flavor)
2 big sliceonion (for flavor)
How to Make So Cheesy Mac n Cheese
- Add macaroni to boiling water and add olive oil. Boil according to package.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Once butter is melted whisk in flour and powdered mustard.
- Add milk,bayleaf,onion,seasoning salt (or paprika). Let simmer for about 5 minutes while it thickens.
- Remove bayleaf. Temper egg. Stir in 2 cups of cheese.
- Drain pasta and pour pasta into casserole dish.
- Pour cheese sauce on top of pasta and stir. Top with leftover cheese. Cover.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.