★★★★★ 1 vote5
- italian dressing
- 1 lb
- cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 medium
- yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic, minced
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- roma tomatoes
- 4-6 Tbsp
- tarragon, dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- favorite pasta (i recommend angel hair)
How to Make Shrimp Tarragon Pasta
- 1Remove the tails from the shrimp. Marinate the shrimp in the Italian dressing for about 30 minutes. I usually use anywhere from 1/2 bottle to a bottle of the original Wishbone Italian dressing.
- 2While shrimp is marinating, heat on medium 2 Tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet. Dice 1 medium onion. Add onion and garlic to olive oil. Saute till onions are translucent.
- 3Next dice the roma tomatoes into quarters. Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup of olive oil to the skillet. Allow all ingredients to simmer on for about 15 minutes. Next add tarragon to the sauce. Simmer for another 5 minutes
- 4Tomatoes will break down and blend with the olive oil to make your sauce. Drain shrimp and add to skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes more or till shrimp are curled. Do not over cook shrimp.
- 5Boil and cook your favorite pasta.( I like to use angel hair pasta because it cooks quickly and works well with this recipe) Drain pasta and spoon sauce over pasta.
Note: If you don't like shrimp you can substitute chicken tenders and grill the chicken before putting into the sauce.