★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3/4 box
- barilla penne pasta, yellow box
- 2 c
- medium cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 Tbsp
- butter, unsalted
- 5 oz
- evaporated milk
- 3/4 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper and garlic powder
- 1/2 c
- croutons, crushed (optional)
MACARONI AND CHEESE
How to Make Perfect Mac and Cheese
- 1Add penne pasta to boiling salted water in a medium saucepan. Boil for 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
Place the pasta in a bowl. Add cheese, butter, milk, black pepper and garlic powder. Stir well.
Line a baking pan with foil, spray with cooking spray, top with the mac and cheese, and place under the broiler. Check every 30 seconds,
until slightly browned.
Optional - When the mac and cheese has browned slightly, remove from the oven, top with crushed croutons and heat at 450, for 3-5 minutes.