Pennsylvania Dutch Bridled Noodles
1 bag(s)24 oz wide egg noodles (homemade is better)
1/2 csweet cream butter, salted
1 cseasoned bread crumbs, dry
3/4 tspblack pepper, coarse ground
2 Tbspfresh parsley, chopped
3 cchicken or turkey gravy, homemade
How to Make Pennsylvania Dutch Bridled Noodles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain, pour into a medium bowl and toss with 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper.
- While noodles are cooking blend butter (room temp is easiest) with seasoned bread crumbs.
- Butter a 8x12 casserole dish.
- Pour half the buttered noodles into the prepared casserole dish. Top with half the buttered seasoned bread crumbs.
- Repeat and cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil, return to oven and bake for 5 additional minutes.
- While noodles are baking prepare 3 cups of chicken or turkey gravy.
- To serve spoon out noodles onto plate, top with gravy and serve hot.