My Own Butter-Crunch Topped Mac & Cheese
★★★★★ 1 vote5
·1 pound of your favorite macaroni (one with ridges is best to hold on to the sauce0
·1 tbsp. unsalted butter
·1 heaping tsp. wondra quick-mixing flour.
·8 ounces good shredded sharp chedder cheese
·6 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
·2 cups milk.
·1 tblsp. red hot sauce(will not make it hot)
·fresh ground black pepper.
·1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
·3/4 cup panko crumbs
How to Make My Own Butter-Crunch Topped Mac & Cheese
- cook and drain macoroni well.
- In a saucepan,melt butter.
- Add flour,on LOW,stirring untill completely mixed in with butter.
- Stir in milk.
- Add cheeses,stirring till melted and creamy consistancy of cheese sauce.
- Add Red Hot sauce,stir into the sauce.
- Add pepper.
- Place drained macaroni into the pasta cooking pot,add cheese sauce and mix together very well.
- Pour into a buttered cassorole dish.
- In a small mixing bowl,mix melted butter with Panko crumbs.
- Spoon the buttery crumb mix over the top of mac and cheese.
- BAKE:400 degrees about 25-35 minutes until top is light golden brown,and bubbly.
- SO GOOD!