My Own Butter-Crunch Topped Mac & Cheese
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 pound of your favorite macaroni (one with ridges is best to hold on to the sauce0
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 heaping tsp. wondra quick-mixing flour.
- 8 ounces good shredded sharp chedder cheese
- 6 ounces shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 cups milk.
- 1 tblsp. red hot sauce(will not make it hot)
- fresh ground black pepper.
- salt/to taste
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
How to Make My Own Butter-Crunch Topped Mac & Cheese
- 1cook and drain macoroni well.
- 2In a saucepan,melt butter.
- 3Add flour,on LOW,stirring untill completely mixed in with butter.
- 4Stir in milk.
- 5Add cheeses,stirring till melted and creamy consistancy of cheese sauce.
- 6Add Red Hot sauce,stir into the sauce.
- 7Add pepper.
- 8Place drained macaroni into the pasta cooking pot,add cheese sauce and mix together very well.
- 9Pour into a buttered cassorole dish.
- 10In a small mixing bowl,mix melted butter with Panko crumbs.
- 11Spoon the buttery crumb mix over the top of mac and cheese.
- 12BAKE:400 degrees about 25-35 minutes until top is light golden brown,and bubbly.
- 13SO GOOD!