1 mediumonion, diced
2 cbutter crakers, crushed (I use Keebler Club)
1 lbmacaroni, elbow
1 1/2 cmilk
2 pkgCracker Barrel Vermont Chedder Cheese
How to Make Mac-N-Cheese-N-Crackers
- In a large pot, cook macaroni according to manufacturers directions.
- While macaroni is cooking, melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add diced onion and cook till translucent/clear, being careful not to brown onion.
- When onion is translucent/clear, remove from heat and add cracker crumbs and stir.
- Reduce heat to low, return pan to stove, add milk and stir.
- To cracker an milk mixture, add cheese that has been cut into small cubes (or you can shred it, allowing for faster melting).
- Stir constantly (so that it does not burn) until cheese is thoroughly melted and incorporated in to a smooth mixture.
- Remove macaroni from heat and drain. Do not rinse.
- Carefully combine cheese mixture and macaroni together.
- Serve as is or, if you are like me and like a crunchy top, transfer the mixture to a buttered baking dish, top with more buttered, crushed, cracker crumbs and bake uncovered in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 1/2 hour.
- Be prepared, you will never make macaroni and cheese any other way again!!!!