Jalapeno Mac 'n Cheese
- 4 oz. dry elbow macaroni, 1 cup
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp seeded diced jalapenos
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, 3/4 cup
- 2 oz. american cheese, shredded, 3/4 cup
- salt to taste
How to Make Jalapeno Mac 'n Cheese
- 1Cook pasta in pot of boiling salted water as the package directs. Drain.
- 2Melt butter in medium pan, add jalapeno and garlic. Cook til tender, about 3 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Whisk in milk to incorporate. Then stir in cheddar and American cheese.
- 3Cook sauce, stirring frequently til thick and cheese is melted. Stir in cooked macaroni, season with salt.