Hungarian Noodle Bake
- 10 oz
- fine noodles
- 1/4 c
- chopped onion
- 1 clove
- garlic (i add more)
- 1 Tbsp
- 12 oz
- small curd cottage cheese (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 c
- sour cream ( i add more)
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp
- poppy seed
- paprika, sweet mild to sprinkle on top
How to Make Hungarian Noodle Bake
- 1Cook noodles making sure they are al dente. The very fine egg noodles cook quickly and they will cook again as they bake so dont over cook them in this step or you will have mush. :)
Drain the noodles and run under cold water to stop them from cooking further.
- 2Saute onion in butter till translucent. Add garlic and cook another minute.
- 3Combine noodles and onion/garlic mixture. Mix in remaining ingredients and a dash of salt and pepper to taste. Place in a 2 quart casserole baking dish.
Sprinkle with sweet Paprika.
- 4Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.