Herbed Mushroom Asparagus Orzo
- 1/2 lb
- orz (8oz)
- 1/2 tsp
- fresh herbs, chopped (1/4tsp if using 2, a little less than 1/8tsp if more than 2 herb)
- fresh mushrooms, chopped (1/4 small container)
- 4 stalk(s)
- asparagus, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil (more or less as desired)
- crumbled feta or asiago cheese to top if desired
How to Make Herbed Mushroom Asparagus Orzo
- 1Cook orzo according to directions on package. Chop mushrooms and asparagus into bite-sized pieces. Chop each herb into small pieces (I use parsley/chives/thyme/basil). In skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, saute mushrooms and asparagus 3 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 2When orzo has completed cooking, add the olive oil and stir (taste as you add-start out using only a little then add more-until you get the right taste for you), make sure you don't get too much olive oil. Add mushroom mixture; stir. Add herbs; stir.
Top with crumbled feta or asiago if desired