★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 Tbsp
- margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 c
- raw rice of your choice (i use long grain or brown rice)
- onion, medium size, chopped
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- 1/2 c
- fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- any of the following: curry powder, tumeric or saffron)
- 4 c
- broth (i used chicken)
- 1/2 to 1 c
- broken vermicello pasta, spagetti or other fine noodles
How to Make Helaine's Special Rice with Vermicelli
- 1Melt butter or margarine in a large, heavy skillet. Add rice and onion and saute slowly, stirring with a spoon until rice is milky.
- 2Add wine and continue cooking until liquid is reduced and absorbed. Lower heat and stir in remaining ingredients.
- 3Cover and simmer slowly on top of stove or bake in oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until all broth is absorbed.