★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- macaroni, elbow
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 c
- 4 c
- (16 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
How to Make Happy Kids Macaroni And Cheese
- 1preheat oven to 375. coat a 9x13 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2cook macaroni according to package directions, drain. place half in bottom of baking dish.
- 3in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. add flour, salt and pepper, stir to mix well. gradually add milk, bring to a boil and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 4sprinkle 1-1/2 cups cheese over macaroni in baking dish and top with half the white sauce. repeat layers once more then top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 5bake 35-40 minutes, or until heated through and top is golden. serve immediately.