Grandma Busch's Noodle Kugel
Sweet or savory, potato or noodle they are a wonderful side dish.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- wide egg noodles
- 8 large
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 lb
- cottage cheese, any type as long as it is full fat
- 1 1/2 stick
- butter, unsalted
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- kosher salt
How to Make Grandma Busch's Noodle Kugel
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Parboil the noodles (five to seven minutes).
- 2In a very large bowl beat eggs until fluffy. Add the sugar gradually, then the cottage cheese, margarine or butter and vanilla. Stir in the drained noodles.
- 3Pour into a 9×13-inch pan. Bake for 1 1/2 hours, or until kugel is set.
- 4To make a Cherry Noodle Kugel top the noodle kugel with one can of Cherry Pie filling after the first hour of baking. I like to add a teaspoon of almond extract to my cherry pie filling before spreading over the kugel. Continue baking for 30 minutes.