Fried Ramen Noodle Patties
changed dipping sauces- but one thing stays the same- they get eaten first off the table and I have learned to bring printed copies of the recipe so I don't spend the night writing !
- 3 pkg
- ramen noodles
- green onions,chopped
- 2 pkg
- ramen noodle seasoning from packages
- large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 can(s)
- sliced water chestnuts, diced fine
- 1 3/4 Tbsp
- soy sauce, light
- 1/2 c
- shredded meat,or seafood (mock crab,salad shrimp)-
- 1 dash(es)
- hoisin sauce (depends on taste)
- vegetable oil to make a thin layer to fry
- 2-3 dash(es)
- sesame oil to add to frying oil
- 1 bottle
- sweet and sour sauce for dipping or whatever sauce you prefer
How to Make Fried Ramen Noodle Patties
- 1Cook ramen noodles (without seasoning) according to normal instruction,drain, dump into a large bowl.
Add to noodles the beaten eggs,chopped green onions,chopped water chestnuts, 2 packages of seasoning from the noodles,soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and any meats or fish as desired (must be in small pieces)
- 2Heat oil in frying pan, add afew drops of the sesame oil to the regular oil- then drop noodles by forkful into pan-(I use tongs and grab about 2 tablespoons of noodle mixture to form each patty). Fry until brown (about 4 minutes on med high) then turn over and brown other side-
Remove from pan and place on paper towel lined dish until drained.
Serve on a platter-warm (they like them cold also) with dipping sauces such as hoisin,sweet and sour, ranch dressing- (you pick it and they can dip it-whatever you have available but an oriental taste seems to fit best.)
Hint: To make for a larger crowd just double everything and add to 3 /6/9 additional ramen noodle packages- add pkgs by 3 and just double the ingredients.