My Mother always made this as a side dish with flounder, fish cakes, or some other type of fish.
Try it and enjoy !!!
- 1 bag(s)
- bow tie pasta (1lb)
- 1 can(s)
- whole tomatoes (lg can)
- 1/4 small
- onion (finely chopped)
- eggs (beat)
- 2 stick
- butter or margarine(for frying)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- cornstarch (thicken tomatoes)
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Fried Bows
- 1Bring SALTED water to boil, add Bow Tie Pasta and cook until al dente.......Drain
- 2Empty the can of whole tomatoes into pot, crush with hand, add chopped onion, butter, salt and pepper. When it starts to boil, add cornstarch (I add my cornstarch in a small amount of water then add to the gravy), thicken to the consistency of gravy.
- 3Melt butter, or margarine in fryng pan (this does use a lot of butter or margarine as you are always adding so the pasta does not stick), add bow tie pasta, cook until pasta starts to brown, stir in beaten eggs, coat all pasta and continue to cook until pasta is brown but not hard. Salt & Pepper to taste.
- 4I'll put the pasta in a large pasta bowl, ladle some tomato gravy on top of pasta, ladle the rest of gravy in a separate bowl then you can add as much as you like.
Besides being a great side dish, we love it just on it's own.............Enjoy !!!