Polish Kluski - Fresh Homemade Noodles
Before I have made noodles on my own but they never came out really .... right. The trick is, as I have learned, to roll and roll and roll that rolling pin until the dough is hard. Also, keeping the dough dry is essential. Practice makes perfect, and I'll be sure to use all my aunt's and grandma's advice for my future noodle-making.
These amounts are enough to make noodles for about 4-5 bowls.
- 3 c
- 1/2 tsp
How to Make Polish Kluski - Fresh Homemade Noodles
- 1In a big mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients with your hands.
- 2Mix until hard (yet pliable) dough forms. If gets really wet, add little bits of flour to keep it workable. (10-15 minutes). Dough will not be very smooth at this point.... work it out until it is smooth.
- 3Separate dough into two round balls. Turn out onto floured surface and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- 5Set first sheet aside and roll out the second dough ball.
- 8Put cut noodles into lightly-floured bowl. Get your water boiling. When ready, boil noodles until they rise to the top. (This will be quicker than when you boil the packaged noodles from a box).