Eliche con salsa de san marzano e ortaggi aromati
·fine sea salt
·4 pounds ripe plum tomatoes
·4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
·one small onion, finely chopped
·one carrot, finely chopped
·one celery stalk, finely chopped
·one bay leaf
·1 pound fusilli
·freshly ground black pepper
·basil leaves for garnish, optional
How to Make Eliche con salsa de san marzano e ortaggi aromati
- bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add tomatoes to the boiling water and cook 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer tomatoes to a bowl. Reserve pot of water, covered and remove from heat.
- . Peel and cut tomatoes in half; cut out a discard cores. Seed tomato halves; discard seeds. Cut tomatoes into 1/4 inch pieces. Heat oil in a wide heavy pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and Bay leaf; reduce heat to medium low and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened, about 12 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring frequently, until juices have reduced and sauce is flavorful, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove sauce from heat; remove and discard bay leaf.
- Pass sauce through the medium holes of a food mill. Return sauce to pot and gently rewarm over low heat; remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Return salted water to a boil.
Cook pasta in the boiling water until al dente; drain and transfer to a large serving bowl. Immediately add sauce and toss to mix. Adjust seasoning to taste. Serve at once, generously sprinkled with pepper and garnished with basil, if desired. Serves 4 to 6