Easy Cheesy Mac & Cheese
- 1 lb
- pasta - we use rotini, but should work with anything.
- 6 Tbsp
- 4 Tbsp
- 7 c
- 3 c
- grated cheese - i use a fiesta mix or cheddar jack mix
- 10 oz
- philly cooking creme - original flavor
- 3/4 c
- 8 oz
- sour cream
- 1 c
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE
How to Make Easy Cheesy Mac & Cheese
- 1I always start the water for my pasta and then work on the cheese sauce while the water is boiling. Be sure to salt the water. Cook pasta per directions on package.
- 2Melt butter in large saucepan. I always add salt and pepper to the butter, just a generous amount of each.
- 3Once butter is melted, whisk in flour - will be very thick.
- 4Add milk to butter/flour mixture slowly - about a cup at the time and whisk constantly so that it mixes well.
- 5Add cheese slowly and whisk in to milk mixture good. Continue adding cheese until all has been added and is mixed wll.
- 6Add philly cooking creme and mix thoroughly.
- 7Add 3/4 cup of milk and 8 oz sour cream, whisking in well. Simmer on low heat until your pasta is finished cooking.
- 8By this time, your pasta should be done. Drain and return to pot - DO NOT RINSE. Putting the pasta back in warm allows it to soak up the cheese sauce.
- 9Pour about 2/3 of your cheese sauce into the pasta, stirring to mix well. IT WILL BE VERY CHEESY. It will also seem like you have too much cheese sauce. As the pasta cools, it will soak up a lot of the cheese sauce.
- 10After about 5 minutes, add remaining cheese sauce and the remaining 1 cup of cheese. Stir well!