Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
My kids love this, and I recently made this for great friends while in Canada on vacation and it seemed to be a hit. Definitely a staple for our household. :)
- 12 oz
- bag elbow macaroni
- 1 pt
- heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz
- bag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz
- bag shredded four cheese blend
- 2 Tbsp
- butter or margarine
- 1 c
- chopped onion (walla walla or vidalia if available)
- garlic powder, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400.
- 2Bring water to boil, then add pasta. Cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes (as directed on package).
- 3While macaroni cooks, chop onions to desired consistency. **Depending on time available, onions can be sauteed/carmelized for added flavor/texture.
- 4Drain pasta and rinse with hot water.
- 5Place pasta back into pot with 2 tbsp butter and stir to cover so pasta does not stick.
- 6Stir in onions and cheese. Pour in heavy whipping cream and stir until nicely mixed.
- 7Add garlic powder and black pepper to taste.
- 8Scoop mixture into covered casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, then check for desired bubbliness. ;)
- 9Enjoy!! :)