Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
My kids love this, and I recently made this for great friends while in Canada on vacation and it seemed to be a hit. Definitely a staple for our household. :)
12 ozbag elbow macaroni
1 ptheavy whipping cream
8 ozbag shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 ozbag shredded four cheese blend
2 Tbspbutter or margarine
1 cchopped onion (walla walla or vidalia if available)
·garlic powder, to taste
·ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- Bring water to boil, then add pasta. Cook uncovered for 8-10 minutes (as directed on package).
- While macaroni cooks, chop onions to desired consistency. **Depending on time available, onions can be sauteed/carmelized for added flavor/texture.
- Drain pasta and rinse with hot water.
- Place pasta back into pot with 2 tbsp butter and stir to cover so pasta does not stick.
- Stir in onions and cheese. Pour in heavy whipping cream and stir until nicely mixed.
- Add garlic powder and black pepper to taste.
- Scoop mixture into covered casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, then check for desired bubbliness. ;)
- Enjoy!! :)