Easy Bacon Pasta Bake (using potato bake sauce)
You can adjust the amount of bacon you use, I just find it an easy flavouring to throw into the dish.
This pasta bake can be very rich and although I serve it as a main in my household (its a bacony treat for us) so serve with lots of fresh tomato or as a side to barbecued meats.
- 500 g
- uncooked pasta
- 2 can(s)
- potato bake sauce (store bought, use any kind of pasta/potato bake sauce))
- 1 c
- 1 c
- water (add in small amounts at a time if necessary)
- 250-400 g
- bacon (cooked not too crisp, chopped)
- 1/2 c
- grated cheese (reserve half for topping)
How to Make Easy Bacon Pasta Bake (using potato bake sauce)
- 1Preheat oven to 180C.
In a large baking dish pour in 2 cans of potato bake sauce. Add the milk and a quarter of the water. Stir well.
- 2Mix in the pasta, bacon and half the grated cheese.
- 3Place a sheet of tinfoil over the top of the mixture and press the sides down until covered and foil is kept in place.
- 4Bake in oven for 30 minutes then stir mixture from bottom to top. You can add more water at this point but add in small amounts until you're satisfied there is enough liquid for pasta to soak up. Return to oven and continue baking for another 15 minutes until last step.
- 5For the last 15 minutes add grated cheese to top and bake uncovered until topping is golden and crisp.
Serve with fresh tomatoes and salad.