CREAMY WHITE MAC 'N CHEESE (STOVETOP)
- 8 oz
- dry macaroni pasta
- water and salt, per package instructions
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, plus 1 teaspoon for hot macaroni
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/3 c
- milk (plus extra, as needed) **
- 2/3 c
- cream **
- 1/2 tsp
- tony chachere's creole seasoning
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 oz
- monterey jack cheese, freshly shredded
- 2 oz
- extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, freshly shredded
- 1 oz
- asiago cheese, freshly grated
- crumbled hickory smoked bacon, for garnish (optional, but good!)
- minced fresh chives, for garnish (optional, but good!)
How to Make CREAMY WHITE MAC 'N CHEESE (STOVETOP)
- 1Gather and prep all ingredients.
**Combine milk and cream in one measuring cup or bowl.
- 4Whisking constantly, add about 1/2 to 2/3 cup of the combined milk and cream; remove from heat, whisk until smooth (don't worry, it WILL smooth out, keep whisking;) whisking constantly, gradually add reminder of milk. Return to medium/medium high heat; whisk until thickened and no lumps remain. If too thick, add more milk until achieving desired consistency (think medium thick gravy, not too thin, not too thick.)
- 5Reduce heat to lowest possible setting; add creole seasoning, salt and 1 ounce cream cheese, whisking until melted.
- 6Add monterey jack cheese; whisk until smooth; add white cheddar; whisk until smooth; add asiago; whisk until smooth. Taste for seasoning.