Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
2 Tbspcorn starch
1/2 tspdry mustard
1 1/2 cmilk (2% or whole)
1 cchicken broth
8 ozcracker barrell extra sharp yellow cheddar cheese, shred it yourself for a creamier texture
8 ozelbow macaroni (about 1 3/4 cups) cooked and drained
How to Make Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
- In medium saucepan, combine corn starch, dry mustard, and pepper.
- Stir in milk and chicken broth until smooth.
- Add butter.
- Heat at medium-high heat (stirring occasionally - and then constantly as it starts to heat up).
- Bring to a boil and continue stirring for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted.
- Add cooked elbow macaroni.
- Turn into greased 2-quart casserole.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees or until hot and bubbly.