Creamy Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
I buy the ham cubes in a package, over by the ham in the meat section of the grocery store. The ham can be omitted, but it adds flavor and juciness to the creamy mac and cheese.
4 cElbow macaroni, cooked aldente
5 cSharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cSour Cream
1 can(s)Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
10 ozVelveeta Cheese, cubed
2 cWHOLE milk
4Large eggs, beaten
1 tspKosher salt
1 tspDry Mustard
·Ham cubes, optional
How to Make Creamy Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
- Boil macaroni only about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan melt stick of butter with most of the shredded cheddar cheese(leave some for the top)and cubed Velveeta chesse (watch the cheese carefully, or the cheese will burn and stick to the bottom of the pot).
- Turn the crock pot on low, add the melted cheese and butter, beaten eggs, sour cream, condensed soup, ham cubes, salt, pepper, dry mustard and milk. Mix well.
- Add drained macaroni and mix well. Cook for two and a half hours, stir then add remainder of shredded cheese on top.
- Cover and let cook about 30 more minutes til cheese is melted on top. Can stir occassionally through out cooking.