★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 celbow macaroni, cooked
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 tspblack pepper
1/4 tspred pepper
8 ozblock, sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
How to Make Classic Baked Mac n Cheez
- Prepare pasta according to pkg directions. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in large sauce pan over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly for 2 mins.
- Gradually add in milk and continue to whisk constantly. (cook for about 5 mins or until thickened).
- Remove from heat. Stir in salt,peppers, 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese and cooked pasta.
- Stir well. Spoon pasta mixture into a lightly greased baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 mins or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 mins before serving.