Cantonese Pan-Fried Noodles
1 1/2 cfresh bean sprouts
2green onions white and green parts separated and thinly julienned
10snow peas thinly julienned
1 Tbspsoy sauce
2 tspdark soy sauce
1 tspeach sesame oil, sugar, and shaoxing wine or dry sherry
1/2 tspeach salt and white pepper
8 ozdried rice noodles the thin kind
3 Tbspolive oil
How to Make Cantonese Pan-Fried Noodles
- Prepare vegetables. Set aside.
Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil
Mix the soy sauces, sesame oil, sugar, wine, salt, and white pepper together. Set aside.
- Boil the noodles for about 3 minutes. Drain well and rinse in cold water.
- Heat a large non stick skillet or wok to high. Add one tablespoon oil. Spread the noodles in a thin layer (work in batches if needed). Get a light crisp about 4 to 5 minutes on one side then flip adding another tbsp of oil. Once noodles are all lightly crisp transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the other tbsp of oil to pan and add the white parts of the green onions and cook about 15 seconds. Add back in the noodles and keep tossing them so they don't stick in a big clump.
- Add soy sauce mixture and keep tossing noodles until they are uniformly golden brown. Add the bean sprouts, peas and green parts of green onions and cook 1 more minute.