broccoli chicken mac and cheese
4boneless chicken breasts diced in bite sized pieces and seasoned with a sprinkle of salt and pepper
3 Tbspvegetable oil
1 can(s)chicken broth
1/2 tspsalt and pepper
2 cmacaroni, elbow, uncooked
1head fresh broccoli cut in bite sized pieces stems removed or 10 oz frozen broccoli florets thawed
1/4 cred or yellow bell pepper diced small i use a little of both
12 ozvelveeta cheese diced in cubes can use shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make broccoli chicken mac and cheese
- Brown the chicken in oil in a large skillet with a lid. Cook the chicken until it's no longer pink. Add the chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- Add some seasoned salt, salt and pepper. Add the uncooked macaroni, broccoli and bell pepper. Turn the heat to medium and cover to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and stir well. The macaroni should be just about done now.
- Add the cheese and stir well. Turn the heat to low and allow to cook just until the cheese melts.
- Stir a couple of times once the cheese is added because it can stick. When the cheese has melted dinner is done.