broccoli chicken mac and cheese
- boneless chicken breasts diced in bite sized pieces and seasoned with a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 can(s)
- chicken broth
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper
- 2 c
- macaroni, elbow, uncooked
- head fresh broccoli cut in bite sized pieces stems removed or 10 oz frozen broccoli florets thawed
- 1/4 c
- red or yellow bell pepper diced small i use a little of both
- 12 oz
- velveeta cheese diced in cubes can use shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make broccoli chicken mac and cheese
- 1Brown the chicken in oil in a large skillet with a lid. Cook the chicken until it's no longer pink. Add the chicken broth and water and bring to a boil.
- 2Add some seasoned salt, salt and pepper. Add the uncooked macaroni, broccoli and bell pepper. Turn the heat to medium and cover to simmer for 10 minutes.
- 3Uncover and stir well. The macaroni should be just about done now.
- 4Add the cheese and stir well. Turn the heat to low and allow to cook just until the cheese melts.
- 5Stir a couple of times once the cheese is added because it can stick. When the cheese has melted dinner is done.