★★★★★ 1 vote5
8 ozpenne pasta
4 slicethick bacon, cut into small pieces
1 1/2crowns broccoli, cut into florets
1/2 cyogurt, plain
·dash of hot sauce
4 ozfontina cheese, shredded
4 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
·salt and pepper
How to Make Broccoli And Bacon Mac And Cheese
- In a medium saute pan, cook the bacon to a crisp and then transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Cook macaroni pasta in salted water according to package directions, until al dente.
- Reserve 1 cup pasta water before draining the pasta.
- Drain the pasta water into a second pot and return the pot to the stove top.
- Add the broccoli to the hot water and cook over medium high for 3 to 4 minutes, until fork tender and then drain.
- While the broccoli is cooking, transfer the pasta to a large bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup pasta water, the yogurt, a few dashes of hot sauce and 1/3 cup of the grated cheese and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Stir in remaining cheese, one small handful at a time to prevent clumping.
- Add additional pasta water as necessary to thin the cheese sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add the broccoli and bacon, mix well and serve.