8 ozelbow macaroni, dry
2 Tbspnonfat dry milk powder
2 Tbspall purpose flour
1 Tbspbutter, melted
1 1/4 cboiling water
12 ozamerican cheese, shredded
How to Make Brandy's Favorite Mac & Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry milk, flour and butter. Gradually add boiling water whisking or beating constantly.
- Add 1 1/4 cup of the cheese and continue beating or whisking until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in macaroni, 1 cup of the remaining cheese and salt.
- Transfer mixture into a lightly greased 2 qt baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and bake uncovered until cheese melts and is bubbly.