How to Make Best Macaroni & Cheese
- 1Cook macaroni in salted boiling water until al-dente. Do not overcook or it will be mushy once it cooks in the oven.
- 2Shred cheese in food processor, put aside.
- 3Combine milk, butter, salt & pepper.
Heat in microwave just until butter is melted. Whisk together.
- 4Layer half the macaroni in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- 5Sprinkle half the cheese over macaroni.
- 6Pour half the milk mixture over.
- 7Repeat with remaining macaroni, cheese and milk mixture.
- 8Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350.