How to Make Best Macaroni & Cheese
- Cook macaroni in salted boiling water until al-dente. Do not overcook or it will be mushy once it cooks in the oven.
- Shred cheese in food processor, put aside.
- Combine milk, butter, salt & pepper.
Heat in microwave just until butter is melted. Whisk together.
- Layer half the macaroni in a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over macaroni.
- Pour half the milk mixture over.
- Repeat with remaining macaroni, cheese and milk mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes at 350.