How to Make Baked Macaroni And Cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut cheddar cheese into small chunks.
- 2Cook macaroni in salted boiling water according to package directions. Drain. Spray cookin pan with cooking spray and pour macaroni back in.
- 3Pour in saucepan the cold milk and flour. Wisk the cold milk and flour over low heat till mixed. Then add butter, cheese, salt and pepper.
- 4Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sauce bubbles and thickens.
- 5Reserve 1 cup chopped cheese and bread crumbs for the top of the casserole.
- 6Pour sauce over macaroni and mix thoroughly.
- 7Sprinkle with remaining cheese and the bread crumbs on top of mixture.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and browned.
- 9Serve immediately.