Baked Macaroni and Cheese
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 celbow macaroni or small shells
8 ozcheddar cheese, shredded
·salt and pepper
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8x8 dish with Pam.
- Cook pasta to al dente, per instructions on box. Drain.
- Layer half of pasta on bottom of dish and dot with butter. Salt and pepper and layer with 1/2 the shredded cheese.
- Layer again with remaining pasta. Salt and pepper and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Add milk to where it's just below the top layer of cheese.
*Make sure you use whole milk - I've tried it using 2% and it doesn't cook right*
- Bake 45 minutes or until the top turns a golden brown. Remove from oven and let it set for about 10 minutes before serving.
- This is a good size for 2-3 people. I've made it for more people using a 9x13 dish. If you're going to use a 9x13 dish, use 2 1/2 cups pasta (I like elbow macaroni and small shells) and 16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese.