Baked Macaroni and Cheese
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 c
- elbow macaroni or small shells
- 8 oz
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- whole milk
How to Make Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8x8 dish with Pam.
- 2Cook pasta to al dente, per instructions on box. Drain.
- 3Layer half of pasta on bottom of dish and dot with butter. Salt and pepper and layer with 1/2 the shredded cheese.
- 4Layer again with remaining pasta. Salt and pepper and sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- 5Add milk to where it's just below the top layer of cheese.
*Make sure you use whole milk - I've tried it using 2% and it doesn't cook right*
- 6Bake 45 minutes or until the top turns a golden brown. Remove from oven and let it set for about 10 minutes before serving.
- 7This is a good size for 2-3 people. I've made it for more people using a 9x13 dish. If you're going to use a 9x13 dish, use 2 1/2 cups pasta (I like elbow macaroni and small shells) and 16 oz. shredded cheddar cheese.