★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 16 oz
- 1/2 - 3/4 lb
- 2 c
- shredded cheddar
- 2 clove
- 3 c
- heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1/2 c
- thinly sliced green onions
How to Make Bacon Mac n Cheese
- 1Cook pasta el dente. Drain, but don't rinse.
Return the pasta to the pot.
- 2Cook bacon then set pieces aside on paper towel. Pour off the fat into an empty can, and add garlic to the hot pan. Stirring, cook for about 2 minutes over medium heat until fragrant. Dont let the garlic brown, it will become bitter.
- 3Pour in the cream.
Bring the cream to a boil over medium heat
Stir to bring up the garlic and any bits from the pan.
Cook and stir for about 3 minutes.
- 4Crumble the bacon
Add bacon and cheese, to the cream.
Cook 3 minutes until sauce thickens.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Add pasta to the pan and stir to coat well.
Cook over medium heat another 2 or 3 minutes, until bubbling and heated through.
- 6Top with green onions and serve.