- 1 pkg
- jimmy dean sausage
- 2 pkg
- 2 bags dry stuffing mix with seasoning
- 2 can(s)
- chicken stock (soup size)
- 1 can(s)
- crushed pineapple (large can)
- celery 5 stalks
- 1 medium
- 1 stick
How to Make Yummy Stuffing
- 1** I use a LARGE skillet on top of the stove to make this**
Melt butter in large skillet and add crumbled sausage and cook until brown.Chop celery and onion..either by hand or with a chopper. Saute celery and onion in melted butter/sausage mix until tender...I cook all of these together at med for 20 minutes.
- 2Add bread crumb mixture into the skillet and incorporate the bread crumbs. Add the pineapple, chicken stock and mix well. At this point, I cook the entire mixture on top of my stove in the skillet. However you can put it into a casserole and bake in the oven (350/1 hr) for a crunchier top. Either way, it is the most delicious stuffing I have every tasted and my family loves it too..even the ones who don't like stuffing!
- 3This recipe can be adjusted and I have done this on several occasions to feed more people. Just adjust your liquids, pineapple and sausage if you prefer and the amount of bread cubes. It's easy to play with and always turns out wonderful.