1 1/2 cgreat northern beans, or other white beans
1yellow onion, quartered
2 clovegarlic, lightly crushed
2 clovegarlic, minced
·salt, to taste
·freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 largetomato, peeled, seeded, diced
1/2 smallred onion, minced
2 Tbspfresh basil, chopped
1 Tbspfresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
2 tspsherry vinegar, or to taste
How to Make Warm White Bean Salad
- Pick over and discard any misshapen beans and stones.
- Rinse the beans and drain.
- Place in a bowl, add water to cover generously and let soak overnight. Drain the beans and rinse.
- Put the beans in a pressure cooker and add the yellow onion, crushed garlic and bay leaf.
- Add water according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes.
- Let the cooker cool for 20 minutes, then release the pressure according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer the beans and their cooking liquid to a large bowl, season with salt and let cool until just warm.
- Remove the yellow onion, garlic and bay leaf and discard, then drain the beans.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and add the tomato, red onion, minced garlic, basil, parsley, olive oil and vinegar.
- Stir gently and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.