Wanda & Dorothy's Veal Stuffing
I have always just eye-balled the amount of seasonings used - sorry that there is no specified amount.
1 1/2 lbground veal, uncooked
3/4 boxmilk crackers (using a different type of cracker does change the taste)
2 mediumonions, peeled and chopped
·poultry seasoning or italian seasoning (as much as you would like)
How to Make Wanda & Dorothy's Veal Stuffing
- Use rolling pin or other utensil or method to make milk crackers into crumbs.
- Melt butter in frying pan. Add chopped onions to melted butter over very low heat. Cook onions until soft and clear, but not brown.
- In bowl, mix uncooked ground veal, cracker crumbs and eggs.
- Add melted butter and cooked onions to mixture in bowl. Add poultry seasoning or italian seasoning, as much as desired. Mix everything together well in bowl.
- This will stuff a 16-18 pound turkey. The ground veal cooks in the turkey. I don't have enough leftover stuffing to cook outside of the turkey, but if there is, use a meat thermometer to thoroughly cook the veal.