TURKEY DRESSING -- BONNIE'S 30-MINUTE, NO BAKE STYLE
- dressing seasoning:
- tablespoons instant minced onion
- teaspoon garlic powder
- tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1 1/2
- teaspoons poultry seasoning
- teaspoon black pepper
- other ingredients:
- cups french bread, about half a loaf
- 1 1/2
- cups water
- teaspoons chicken granules
- stick real butter
- optional ingredients:
- medium onion fine chopped and sauteed
- cup celery fine chopped and sauteed
- cup cooked sausage, giblets or fine diced turkey
How to Make TURKEY DRESSING -- BONNIE'S 30-MINUTE, NO BAKE STYLE
- 1PREPARE THE BREAD: Cut the french bread into small cubes no larger than 1/2 inch square. Place the cubes on the cookie sheet in a 300 degree oven until they are very dry. Meanwhile,
- 2PREPARE THE SEASONINGS:
Mix together the instant onion, garlic powder, parsley flakes, poultry seasoning, and black pepper. Set aside
- 3PREPARE THE LIQUID:
Place one cup of water in a small saucepan, add the butter and the chicken granules. Get it hot, but don't boil it.
- 4PREPARE ANY OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS:
Sometimes, I add sauteed onion and celery to mine. If you make optional ingredients, add them to the liquid mixture now.
- 5MAKING THE DRESSING: The bread should be dry or close to it. Transfer the bread cubes to a large kettle. Add the seasonings and toss well. Now add the liquid mixture, and mix gently until well combined. Put the lid on and let it sit about five minutes, and mix gently again. Put the lid back on and let sit at least 15 minutes. Enjoy!
- 6Cook's Tip: This is seasoned to my family's taste. If you prefer a lighter seasoning flavor, just add more bread, and a little water 1/4 cup at a time, until it is just right for you.