Throw Down 3 Beans Baked
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbthick sliced bacon, diced
1 largeyellow onion, chopped
1 largecan pork n beans, some of the jucie drained
1 largecan pinto beans, undrained
1 largecan ranch style beans, undrained
1 bottle12 oz more or less to taste, beer of your choice. i use a light golden wheat beer.
1 or soother ingredient suggestions in the directions.
How to Make Throw Down 3 Beans Baked
- Diced bacon into small pieces and fry until very crisp. Plate and set aside. Now add chopped onions to bacon drippings and fry until slightly golden. Plate with bacon set aside.
- Pour all 3 beans together in large oven proof suitable dish or pan. You can also use crock pot instead of your oven.
- Add prepared bacon and onions and mix slightly.
- Add about 1/2 to 3/4 bottle of beer of choice. Stir well.
- Cover and cook in 350 degrees perheated oven 1 hour. If using crock pot I usually cook on high for about 3 hours.
- Note: The first couple of times I made this I followed the receipe as is, before I started adding other ingredients. I really like just as is a lot, but also found I could add brown sugar for a sweeter taste, or some worcestershire sauce is a nice added layer of flavor. Chopped jalapeno peppers or a few shakes of your favorite hot sauce will kick it up a notch. Also the beer will evaporate during the final cooking time.
- Adjust the amount of beans according to the number of people you are serving, keeping each variety of bean equal to each other.