- 1 large
- glass jar with a screw on lid.
- 2 lb
- tri-color peppers, red, orange, yellow and green
- 2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 4 sprig(s)
- fresh oregano
- 1/2 c
- red wine vinegar
- 1/3 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 c
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced
How to Make SWEET PICKLED PEPPERS
- 1Ina a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. While oil is heating, cut the peppers in chunks 1 inch by 1 inch. Add the peppers to the skillet and sprinkle with the kosher salt.
- 2Stir often, about 15 to 20 minutes until the peppers are soft. Remove the peppers from the pan, stir in the garlic and cook for one minute.
- 3Add half the peppers to a large glass jar that has a lid, add 2 sprigs of oregano and half the garlic. Repeat with the remaining peppers, garlic and oregano.
- 4Make sure that all of the ingredients are submerged in the jar. Screw the lid on the jar and shake the jar for a minute or two.
Let it stand in a cool place for 24 hours. After 24 hours put the jar in the fridge. After three days the peppers are ready to eat.
These peppers will last a month in the fridge.