Sweet Hot Mustard Dills (no canning)
Mary Ann Hanson
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 qtstore bought baby dill pickles
3 Tbspdry mustard
·hot sauce (i like tapitio but use what you like)
How to Make Sweet Hot Mustard Dills (no canning)
- Drain pickles reserving the juice. Put whole pickles back in the jar.
- Pour dry mustard, sugar, and several good dashes of hot sauce in the jar over the pickles. You will probably have to shake down the sugar to make room for it all. If needed, add a little pickle juice to force it down.
- Once all other ingredients have been added to the jar, replace lid and shake. Let sit out on the counter over night shaking a few times to dissolve sugar.
- The next day, add reserved pickle juice to just barely cover pickles and shake well. Leave out again overnight shaking occassionally until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate pickles for about a week before eating. Shake them if sugar is not quite dissolved.
- The pickles will shrink quite a bit. This is normal. They are crisp and spicy. Enjoy!