2 lbchicken gizzards
1 lbpork sausage (original or sage)
96 ozchicken broth (maybe more)
1 tsppoultry seasoning
3 bag(s)stuffing cubes (sage and onion) or seasoned
How to Make stuffing
- clean gizzards removing the shiny white part , then place in food processor with chopping blade for about 1 minute.
- in a large stock pot place gizzards 1 stick of butter and the pork sausage
- you can either chop the carrots, celery and onions and garlic or you can throw that in the food processor too, it depends on if you like to see the carrot and celery slices in your stuffing for a chunckier looking stuffing. add to the pot. ( if putting celery in the food processor remove strings first)
- simmer over low heat stirring occasionally for about 1 hour you can add a bit of the chicken broth or water if needed. continue to cook until gizzards are very tender. add the poultry seasoning, sage and thyme , chicken broth and continue to cook another 30 minutes. remove from heat.
- add stuffing cubes a bag at a time mix well. adding more broth if needed for a very moist stuffing.
- you can either stuff your bird or place in a pan and dot with butter and pour a little broth and gravy over it and bake (350*) for 20 to 30 to heat through. enjoy